Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
The subject of the decision:
This report provided a review of the Council’s existing car park estate and sought approval for capital investment to improve the quality of service offered to our residents, businesses and visiting customers.
Alternative options considered:
The reason for the decision:
Cabinet was satisfied that the improvements to the Council’s car park estate supported the Council’s priority of driving economic vitality and, more specifically, was a key foundation to improving the vibrancy and vitality of the market towns and was therefore intrinsically linked to the Vibrant Market Towns programme.
That Cabinet approves and recommends to Council that:-
(1) an additional £400,000 is allocated into the Capital budget for future maintenance of the Car Parks;
(2) the Car Park Improvement Scheme is allocated Capital budget of £550,000 and authorised to proceed with the following scheme elements:
(i) Offer more payment options
(ii) Utilise ANPR
(iii) Change car park layout and widen bays
(iv) Improve signage
(v) Install Electric Vehicle Charging Points
(vi) Install additional CCTV to enhance security
(3) the following considerations related to the Car Park Improvement Scheme are approved:-
(i) Advance or Season Ticket payment options be developed for long and short stay parking to replace the Parkcard concession
(ii) Parking Orders are amended to reflect changes to tariffs and layouts
(iii) Disabled Parking
(iv) Parent and Child Parking is not introduced
(4) officers are authorised to develop a trial programme for new technologies such as ‘Digital Totems’ with the Northallerton BID; and
(5) approval is given to ensure the improvements listed here become the minimum standard for any future pay and display car parking provision.
Reason Key: Affects more than 2 wards;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Other reasons / organisations consulted
Contact: Helen Kemp, Director of Economy and Planning Email: email@example.com.
Report author: Helen Kemp
Publication date: 04/07/2018
Date of decision: 03/07/2018
Decided at meeting: 03/07/2018 - Cabinet