Decision Maker: Licensing Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
The subject of the decision:
This report recommended that Council extend the existing Street Trading Scheme by the designation of all streets within Hambleton District Council area as Consent Streets (as defined in the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982) with the exception of those streets controlled by market authorities in Stokesley, Northallerton, Easingwold, Thirsk and Bedale.
Alternative options considered:
Not extending the existing Street Trading Scheme.
The reason for the decision:
To take account of the provisions of the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982.
That Council be recommended to approve that:-
(1) all streets within Hambleton District Council’s area be designated as Consent Streets (as defined in the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982) with the exception of any designated as Prohibited Streets and those streets identified on maps showing areas controlled by market or other authorities in Bedale, Easingwold, Northallerton, Stokesley and Thirsk;
(2) the draft Street Trading Policy attached at Annex A of the report be adopted;
(3) the draft General Street Trading Consent Conditions attached at Annex B of the report be adopted;
(4) responsibility for granting, refusing or amending Consents be delegated to the Licensing Committee or the Licensing Officer/Environmental Health Manager when no objections have been made; and
(5) the proposed fees shown in Annex C of the report be approved for the periods shown.
Reason Key: Affects more than 2 wards;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Other reasons / organisations consulted
Members’ bulletins and newsletters
District, Town and Parish Councillors
Contact: Mick Jewitt, Deputy Chief Executive Email: email@example.com.
Report author: Mick Jewitt
Publication date: 16/09/2014
Date of decision: 15/09/2014
Decided at meeting: 15/09/2014 - Licensing Committee