Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The subject of the decision:
This report presented the final report from the Scrutiny Committee on the Policy Review on the Enforcement Policy on Fly-Tipping for consideration.
Alternative options considered:
The reason for the decision:
To take account of the findings of the Scrutiny Committee.
(1) it be noted that the current Enforcement Policy on Fly-Tipping was not currently effective and no longer fit for purpose and required updating, although the Scrutiny Committee recognised that this work was already being undertaken;
(2) the draft updated Enforcement Policy be presented to Scrutiny Committee for consideration at the appropriate time;
(3) consideration be given to providing more promotion and publicity about fly-tipping and enforcement to raise awareness;
(4) information on the Council’s website regarding fly-tipping be updated, including exploring the possibility of an interactive portal to report incidents; and
(5) consideration be given to more multi-agency working to tackle the issue within North Yorkshire.
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Other reasons / organisations consulted
Contact: Gary Nelson, Director of Law and Governance (Monitoring Officer) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Report author: Gary Nelson
Publication date: 11/04/2018
Date of decision: 10/04/2018
Decided at meeting: 10/04/2018 - Cabinet
Effective from: 24/04/2018