Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
The subject of the decision:
This report provided information on the Value Added Tax (VAT) partial exemption position and the implication on the Council’s financial position.
Alternative options considered:
The reason for the decision:
Cabinet was satisfied with the potential solution for the Council’s future partial exemption position as outlined in the report.
That Cabinet approves and recommends to Council that:-
(1) a ‘vehicle’ is set up as detailed in paragraphs 2.8 – 2.11 of the report;
(2) the detailed operation of the “vehicle” be determined following an assessment of the strategic, legal and operational arrangements;
(3) stakeholder and community consultation take place on the operation of a “vehicle” and its broader potential;
(4) the Chief Executive is appointed as the Director of the ‘vehicle' and that the Deputy Chief Executive manages the relationship from the Council’s perspective; and
(5) an application be made for “admitted body status” to the North Yorkshire Pension Fund for the new ‘vehicle’.
Reason Key: Affects more than 2 wards;
Wards Affected: All Wards;
Other reasons / organisations consulted
Contact: Louise Branford-White, Director of Finance (s151 Officer) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Report author: Louise Branford-White
Publication date: 30/07/2020
Date of decision: 28/07/2020
Decided at meeting: 28/07/2020 - Cabinet