Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
The subject of the decision:
This report provided the Quarter 1 update at 30 June 2020 on the progress of the capital programme 2020/21 and the treasury management position. A full schedule of the capital programme 2020/21 was attached at Annex A of the report, together with the relevant update on progress of each scheme.
Alternative options considered:
The reason for the decision:
To comply with the requirements of the Local Government Act 2003 and the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA) Prudential Code and the CIPFA Treasury Management Code of Practice.
That Cabinet approves and recommends to Council that:-
(1) the net increase of £663,099 in the capital programme to £52,233,766 and all expenditure movements as detailed in Annex B and also in the capital programme attached at Annex A of the report;
(2) the increase of capital expenditure of £1,177,000 funded as follows: £710,158 is from external grants/contributions, £171,842 from borrowing, £150,000 from the One Off fund, £84,000 from the Economic Development Fund and £61,000 is funded from capital receipts;
(3) the funding allocation to the capital programme as detailed in paragraph 3.1 and 3.2 of the report;
(4) the treasury management and prudential indicators at Annex E of the report; and
(5) to note the position of the Council’s third party companies at Annex F of the report.
Reason Key: Expenditure > £50,000;
Wards Affected: All Wards;
Other reasons / organisations consulted
Contact: Louise Branford-White, Director of Finance (s151 Officer) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Report author: Louise Branford-White
Publication date: 11/09/2020
Date of decision: 08/09/2020
Decided at meeting: 08/09/2020 - Cabinet