Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
The subject of the decision:
This report sought consideration of various matters relating to the Crematorium development. The figures contained in paragraph 7.1 of the report were updated.
Alternative options considered:
The reason for the decision:
Cabinet was satisfied that this project would deliver a service to Hambleton residents which was currently not available within the District. It was identified in the Council Plan 2019-2023 as one of the key project under its priority “Caring for the Environment” and was consistent with the Council’s aim of improving access to services to all across the district. It was also contributing to the Council’s Carbon Reduction agenda.
That Cabinet approves and recommends to Council that:
(1) the Council agrees to fund the purchase of the site and the development of the scheme including any associated costs as set out in paragraphs 7.1 (as amended) to 7.4 of the report;
(2) the Council delegates authority to the Chief Executive to:
(a) appoint the preferred principal contractor with any necessary appropriate amendments to the contract sum; and
(b) purchase the development site;
(3) the Council delegates authority to the S151 Officer to determine the financing of the project;
(4) £70,000 is allocated from the One-Off Fund for the set up costs to operate the crematorium as detailed in paragraph 7.4 of the report; and
(5) a steering group is set up consisting of Members and officers to provide input into forthcoming decisions as set out in paragraph 2.3 of the report.
Reason Key: Expenditure > £50,000;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Other reasons / organisations consulted
Contact: Hannah Heinemann, Head of Service - Commercial and Programme Management Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Report author: Hannah Heinemann
Publication date: 11/09/2020
Date of decision: 08/09/2020
Decided at meeting: 08/09/2020 - Cabinet