Venue: Yorkshire Suite, Golden Lion Hotel, 114 High Street, Northallerton, DL7 8PP
Contact: Democratic Services Officer 01609 767015
To confirm the minutes of the meeting held on 17 October 2019 (P.14 - P.15), attached.
That the minutes of the meeting of the Committee held on 17 October 2019 (P.14 - P.15), previously circulated, be signed as a correct record.
Report of the Deputy Chief Executive.
Please note that plans are available to view on the Council's website through the Public Access facility.
The Committee considered reports of the Deputy Chief Executive relating to applications for planning permission. During the meeting, Officers referred to additional information and representations which had been received.
Except where an alternative condition was contained in the report or an amendment made by the Committee, the condition as set out in the report and the appropriate time limit conditions were to be attached in accordance with the relevant provisions of Section 91 and 92 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
The abbreviated conditions and reasons shown in the report were to be set out in full on the notices of decision. It was noted that following consideration by the Committee, and without further reference to the Committee, the Deputy Chief Executive had delegated authority to add, delete or amend conditions and reasons for refusal.
In considering the report(s) of the Deputy Chief Executive regard had been paid to the policies of the relevant development plan, the National Planning Policy Framework and all other material planning considerations. Where the Committee deferred consideration or refused planning permission the reasons for that decision are as shown in the report or as set out below.
Where the Committee granted planning permission in accordance with the recommendation in a report this was because the proposal is in accordance with the development plan the National Planning Policy Framework or other material considerations as set out in the report unless otherwise specified below. Where the Committee granted planning permission contrary to the recommendation in the report the reasons for doing so and the conditions to be attached are set out below.
That the applications be determined in accordance with the recommendation in the report of the Deputy Chief Executive, unless shown otherwise:-
(1) 19/01919/FUL - Construction of a detached dwellinghouse with associated parking and detached double garage at Former Little Hornby Farm, Appleton Wiske for Mr J Adams
PERMISSION GRANTED subject to an additional condition regarding finished floor levels.
(2) 19/01254/FUL - Construction of a detached dwellinghouse and double garage at Land adjacent 53 Water End, Brompton for Mr and Mrs C Potter
PERMISSION REFUSED with additional reasons relating to the harmful impact of the siting and design.
(The applicant’s agent, Adrian Burn, spoke in support of the application.)
(Carol Hill spoke objecting to the application.)
(3) 19/01499/FUL - Construction of 21 affordable residential dwellings with associated landscaping and parking as amended by plans received by Hambleton District Council at Land off Danes Crest, Brompton for Mr L Smith
DEFER for further consideration of pedestrian access and impact of three storey dwellings.
(The applicant’s agent, Steve Bell, spoke in support of the application.)
(Kenneth Pierson spoke objecting to the application.)
(4) 19/01322/FUL - Construction of a dwellinghouse with parking, bin storage, garden and wildflower meadow as amended by plans received by Hambleton District Council on 3 and 4 October 2019 at Long Garth, Carthorpe for Long Garth Enterprises Ltd
(5) 18/02681/FUL - Construction of 9 bungalows, garages and associated infrastructure, ... view the full minutes text for item P.17