Venue: Council Chamber, Civic Centre, Stone Cross, Northallerton
Contact: Democratic Services Officer 01609 767015
To confirm the minutes of the meeting held on 11 January 2018 (P.19 - P.20), attached.
That the minutes of the meeting of the Committee held on 11 January 2018 (P.19 - P.20), previously circulated, be signed as a correct record.
Report of the Deputy Chief Executive.
Please note that plans are available to view on the Council's website through the Public Access facility.
The Committee considered reports of the Deputy Chief Executive relating to applications for planning permission. During the meeting, Officers referred to additional information and representations which had been received.
Except where an alternative condition was contained in the report or an amendment made by the Committee, the condition as set out in the report and the appropriate time limit conditions were to be attached in accordance with the relevant provisions of Section 91 and 92 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
The abbreviated conditions and reasons shown in the report were to be set out in full on the notices of decision. It was noted that following consideration by the Committee, and without further reference to the Committee, the Deputy Chief Executive had delegated authority to add, delete or amend conditions and reasons for refusal.
In considering the report(s) of the Deputy Chief Executive regard had been paid to the policies of the relevant development plan, the National Planning Policy Framework and all other material planning considerations. Where the Committee deferred consideration or refused planning permission the reasons for that decision were as shown in the report or as set out below.
Where the Committee granted planning permission in accordance with the recommendation in a report this was because the proposal was in accordance with the development plan the National Planning Policy Framework or other material considerations as set out in the report unless otherwise specified below. Where the Committee granted planning permission contrary to the recommendation in the report the reasons for doing so and the conditions to be attached are set out below.
That the applications be determined in accordance with the recommendation in the report of the Deputy Chief Executive, unless shown otherwise:-
(1) 17/01498/FUL - Conversion of barns into two dwellings at Street House Farm, Deighton Lane, Brompton for Mr and Mrs Wittrick
PERMISSION GRANTED subject to a further condition to prevent the occupation of the retained buildings by animals
(2) 17/02534/FUL - Construction of a new dwelling at OS Fields 7956 and 6734, Yarm Lane, Great Ayton for Daniel Thompson
(The applicant’s agent, Daniel Thompson, spoke in support of the application).
(Stuart Lightwing spoke objecting to the application.)
(3) 17/02207/OUT - Outline application (access to be considered) for the construction of one dwelling at Annaclay Farm, Great Broughton for Mr Ray Byron
PERMISSION GRANTED subject to a further condition restricting the development to one residential dwelling
(4) 17/02190/FUL - Application for demolition of barn and bungalow and redevelopment with five dwellings at Land and buildings north east of Old Star Cottage, Back Lane, Helperby for J G Swiers (Helperby) Ltd
(The applicant’s agent, Kate Broadbank, spoke in support of the application).
(5) 17/01656/FUL - Removal of bungalow, double garage, outbuildings, stables, foundations of new dwelling permitted under 14/01379/FUL and construction of one circular dwelling at Oaklands, Sutton Road, Huby for Mr Richard Oaks
PERMISSION GRANTED because the Committee considered the quality of the design respected the setting ... view the full minutes text for item P.22