Venue: Council Chamber, Civic Centre, Stone Cross, Northallerton
Contact: Democratic Services Officer 01609 767015
To confirm the minutes of the meeting held on 8 March 2018 (P.23 - P.24), attached.
That the minutes of the meeting of the Committee held on 8 March 2018 (P.23 - P.24), previously circulated, be signed as a correct record.
Report of the Deputy Chief Executive.
Please note that plans are available to view on the Council's website through the Public Access facility.
The Committee considered reports of the Deputy Chief Executive relating to applications for planning permission. During the meeting, Officers referred to additional information and representations which had been received.
Except where an alternative condition was contained in the report or an amendment made by the Committee, the condition as set out in the report and the appropriate time limit conditions were to be attached in accordance with the relevant provisions of Section 91 and 92 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
The abbreviated conditions and reasons shown in the report were to be set out in full on the notices of decision. It was noted that following consideration by the Committee, and without further reference to the Committee, the Deputy Chief Executive had delegated authority to add, delete or amend conditions and reasons for refusal.
In considering the report(s) of the Deputy Chief Executive regard had been paid to the policies of the relevant development plan, the National Planning Policy Framework and all other material planning considerations. Where the Committee deferred consideration or refused planning permission the reasons for that decision are as shown in the report or as set out below.
Where the Committee granted planning permission in accordance with the recommendation in a report this was because the proposal is in accordance with the development plan the National Planning Policy Framework or other material considerations as set out in the report unless otherwise specified below. Where the Committee granted planning permission contrary to the recommendation in the report the reasons for doing so and the conditions to be attached are set out below.
That the applications be determined in accordance with the recommendation in the report of the Deputy Chief Executive, unless shown otherwise:-
(1) 17/02761/FUL - Change of use from bank HSBC to a Costa coffee shop/café at HSBC, Market Place, Easingwold for Erindale SC Ltd
(2) 17/01394/FUL - Proposed development of 17 dwellings at Part OS Field 1407, Stokesley Road, Northallerton for Yorvik Homes Ltd
(The applicant’s agent, Stuart Sharpley, spoke in support of the application).
(3) 18/00060/OUT - Application for outline planning permission with all matters reserved for the construction of a single detached dwelling at Pond Corner, 4 The Green, Raskelf for Mr and Mrs Stuart Edwards
(4) 17/01095/FUL - Construction of five dwellings at Land adjacent to The Golden Lion, Ainderby Road, Romanby for Punch Taverns PLC
(Christine Wall spoke objecting to the application.)
(5) 17/02613/FUL - Alterations to existing dwelling and construction of one bungalow and associated access at Crosby Lodge (and land to the rear), South Otterington for Mrs J Robson
PERMISSION GRANTED because the Committee felt the development would reflect the existing built form and character of the village and would not have a detrimental impact on the open character of the surrounding countryside.
The decision was contrary to the recommendation of the Deputy Chief Executive.
(The applicant’s agent, Steve Hesmondhalgh, spoke in support of the application).