Venue: Council Chamber, Civic Centre, Stone Cross, Northallerton
Contact: Democratic Services Officer 01609 767015
To confirm the minutes of the meetings held on 3 May and 15 May 2018 (P.27 – P.28 and P.1 – P.2), attached.
That the minutes of the meetings of the Committee held on 3 May and 15 May 2018 (P.27 – P.28 and P.1 – P.2), previously circulated, be signed as correct records.
Report of the Deputy Chief Executive.
Please note that plans are available to view on the Council's website through the Public Access facility.
The Committee considered reports of the Deputy Chief Executive relating to applications for planning permission. During the meeting, Officers referred to additional information and representations which had been received.
Except where an alternative condition was contained in the report or an amendment made by the Committee, the condition as set out in the report and the appropriate time limit conditions were to be attached in accordance with the relevant provisions of Section 91 and 92 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
The abbreviated conditions and reasons shown in the report were to be set out in full on the notices of decision. It was noted that following consideration by the Committee, and without further reference to the Committee, the Deputy Chief Executive had delegated authority to add, delete or amend conditions and reasons for refusal.
In considering the report(s) of the Deputy Chief Executive regard had been paid to the policies of the relevant development plan, the National Planning Policy Framework and all other material planning considerations. Where the Committee deferred consideration or refused planning permission the reasons for that decision are as shown in the report or as set out below.
Where the Committee granted planning permission in accordance with the recommendation in a report this was because the proposal is in accordance with the development plan the National Planning Policy Framework or other material considerations as set out in the report unless otherwise specified below. Where the Committee granted planning permission contrary to the recommendation in the report the reasons for doing so and the conditions to be attached are set out below.
That the applications be determined in accordance with the recommendation in the report of the Deputy Chief Executive, unless shown otherwise:-
(1) 18/00308/MRC - Removal of condition 15 (construction of footway prior to occupation) of planning permission 17/00611/FUL - 3 detached dwellings and new access to Plots 2 and 3 at Land to the east of Lead Lane, Lead Lane, Brompton for Mr and Mrs A Maynard
(2) 18/00087/OUT - Outline planning application (with all matters reserved) for the construction of five detached dwellings at Land to the east of Fiji Villa, Carthorpe for Carthorpe Developments Ltd
PERMISSION GRANTED because the Committee felt the development would not have a detrimental impact on the character of the village and the open character of the countryside
The decision was contrary to the recommendation of the Deputy Chief Executive
(The applicant’s agent, Jonathan Saddington, spoke in support of the application).
(Andrew Cunningham (Agent) spoke on behalf of Martin Collins objecting to the application.)
(3) 18/00603/FUL - Proposed construction of a pig finishing building at East Carolina Farm, Easingwold for Mr Richard Ellis
(4) 18/00688/FUL - Demolish detached four-car garage incorporating utility room and build new double garage and link to house via a new utility room at The Old Forge, Exelby for Mr Gerald Price
(5) 17/00013/TPO2 - Hambleton District Council (Huby) Tree Preservation Order 2017/No.13 at Green ... view the full minutes text for item P.4