Venue: Council Chamber, Civic Centre, Stone Cross, Northallerton
Contact: Democratic Services Officer 01609 767015
To confirm the minutes of the meeting held on 28 June 2018 (P.5 - P.6), attached.
That the minutes of the meeting of the Committee held on 28 June 2018 (P.5 - P.6), previously circulated, be signed as a correct record.
Matters of Urgency
Any other business of which not less than 24 hours prior notice, preferably in writing, has been given to the Chief Executive and which the Chairman decides is urgent.
The subject of the decision:
The Chairman reported that a revised National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) had been published by the UK Government's Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government on 24 July 2018. This was the first revision of the National Planning Policy Framework since 2012. It implemented around 85 reforms announced previously through the Housing White Paper, the planning for the right homes in the right places consultation and the draft revised National Planning Policy Framework consultation. The Chairman considered that this was a matter of urgency as the revised National Planning Policy Framework was a material consideration and needed to be considered when reaching decisions on the applications.
Alternative options considered:
The reason for the decision:
The reports on the agenda were prepared in the light of the National Planning Policy Framework 2012. Government published the revised National Planning Policy Framework on 24 July 2018 after the publication of the Planning Committee agenda. The National Planning Policy Framework is a material consideration in the determination of planning applications. In the circumstances, and in the light of the National Planning Policy Framework July 2018, Officers will review the Planning Committee reports and decisions, both in relation to the applications before the Committee of 26 July 2018 and any previous decisions of the Committee where a Decision Notice has not been issued.
(1) delegated authority is given to the Deputy Chief Executive to review, in the light of the National Planning Policy Framework July 2018, the relevant planning committee reports and decisions of the Planning Committee;
(2) in the event that the Deputy Chief Executive determines that the National Planning Policy Framework July 2018 would have no material impact on the relevant planning committee reports and/or the Planning Committee’s decisions, such that in his opinion the Committee’s decision would remain unchanged, then he is authorised to issue the Decision Notices in accordance with his existing delegated authority; and
(3) in the event that the Deputy Chief Executive determines that the National Planning Policy Framework July 2018 could have a material impact on the relevant planning committee reports and/or the Planning Committee’s decisions, such that it could result in the Committee reaching a different decision, then he shall refer those applications back to the Planning Committee for determination.
Report of the Deputy Chief Executive.
Please note that plans are available to view on the Council's website through the Public Access facility.
The Committee considered reports of the Deputy Chief Executive relating to applications for planning permission. During the meeting, Officers referred to additional information and representations which had been received.
Except where an alternative condition was contained in the report or an amendment made by the Committee, the condition as set out in the report and the appropriate time limit conditions were to be attached in accordance with the relevant provisions of Section 91 and 92 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
The abbreviated conditions and reasons shown in the report were to be set out in full on the notices of decision. It was noted that following consideration by the Committee, and without further reference to the Committee, the Deputy Chief Executive had delegated authority to add, delete or amend conditions and reasons for refusal.
In considering the report(s) of the Deputy Chief Executive regard had been paid to the policies of the relevant development plan, the National Planning Policy Framework and all other material planning considerations. Where the Committee deferred consideration or refused planning permission the reasons for that decision are as shown in the report or as set out below.
Where the Committee granted planning permission in accordance with the recommendation in a report this was because the proposal is in accordance with the development plan the National Planning Policy Framework or other material considerations as set out in the report unless otherwise specified below. Where the Committee granted planning permission contrary to the recommendation in the report the reasons for doing so and the conditions to be attached are set out below.
That the applications be determined in accordance with the recommendation in the report of the Deputy Chief Executive, unless shown otherwise:-
(1) 18/00946/FUL - Part demolition of single storey building, alterations and change of use of pizza shop to form enlarged flat, alterations to existing flats and the formation of pitched roofs, construction of a building to provide 5 flats and new vehicle access with associated car parking and amenity area at 5 Northallerton Road, Leeming Bar for Mr J Costandi
PERMISSION REFUSED because of an inadequate level of residential amenity for the future occupier of flat 5, limited external amenity space resulting in poor level of residential amenity and parking arrangements failed to achieve a high quality place for all of the five flats.
The decision was contrary to the recommendation of the Deputy Chief Executive.
(The applicant, Joe Costandi, spoke in support of the application.)
(2) 18/00209/FUL - Construction of two detached dwellings and garages together with ancillary external works, drainage and landscape at Land adjacent to Beechcroft Farm, Aldwark for Keepsake Homes Ltd
DEFER to further explore drainage matters.
(3) 18/01176/OUT - Outline application (with access and layout to be considered) for the construction of one dwelling and detached domestic garage for at Carlton House, Sandhutton Lane, Carlton Miniott Mr and Dr B Mellor and E Hoida
(4) 18/00925/OUT - Outline planning (all matters reserved) application ... view the full minutes text for item P.9