Venue: Council Chamber, Civic Centre, Stone Cross, Northallerton
Contact: Democratic Services Officer 01609 767015
To confirm the minutes of the meeting held on 15 November 2018 (P.16 - P.18), attached.
That the minutes of the meeting of the Committee held on 15 November 2018 (P.16 - P.17), previously circulated, be signed as a correct record.
Report of the Deputy Chief Executive.
Please note that plans are available to view on the Council's website through the Public Access facility.
The Committee considered reports of the Deputy Chief Executive relating to applications for planning permission. During the meeting, Officers referred to additional information and representations which had been received.
Except where an alternative condition was contained in the report or an amendment made by the Committee, the condition as set out in the report and the appropriate time limit conditions were to be attached in accordance with the relevant provisions of Section 91 and 92 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
The abbreviated conditions and reasons shown in the report were to be set out in full on the notices of decision. It was noted that following consideration by the Committee, and without further reference to the Committee, the Deputy Chief Executive had delegated authority to add, delete or amend conditions and reasons for refusal.
In considering the report(s) of the Deputy Chief Executive regard had been paid to the policies of the relevant development plan, the National Planning Policy Framework and all other material planning considerations. Where the Committee deferred consideration or refused planning permission the reasons for that decision are as shown in the report or as set out below.
Where the Committee granted planning permission in accordance with the recommendation in a report this was because the proposal is in accordance with the development plan the National Planning Policy Framework or other material considerations as set out in the report unless otherwise specified below. Where the Committee granted planning permission contrary to the recommendation in the report the reasons for doing so and the conditions to be attached are set out below.
That the applications be determined in accordance with the recommendation in the report of the Deputy Chief Executive, unless shown otherwise:-
(1) 18/01354/FUL - Construction of dwelling and detached garage at The Croft, Main Street, Alne for Mr and Mrs P Tomlinson
DEFER for further consideration of the issues relating to the assessment of the impact of the development on the heritage asset.
(The applicant, Phil Tomlinson, spoke in support of the application.)
(Dr Gudrun Gaudian spoke on behalf of Alne Parish Council objecting to the application.)
(Tim Axe spoke objecting to the application.)
(2) 18/01800/FUL - Retrospective change of use of agricultural land for the siting of a Shepherd's Hut to be used as an office at Brandsby Hall, Brandsby for Mr and Mrs Michael and Emily Gould
(3) 18/00007/TPO2 - Hambleton District Council (Carlton Miniott Parish Council) Tree Preservation Order 2018 No. 7 at Islebeck House, Carlton Road, Carlton Miniott for Mr Alistair Ratcliffe
THAT TPO 2018/07 NOT BE CONFIRMED because the Committee felt the trees were not suitable for preservation due to their condition and position.
(Mike Jarrold spoke objecting to the application.)
(4) 18/00964/OUT - Outline planning (all matters reserved) for the construction of one detached dwelling and formation of a new access at Field House, Carthorpe for Mr Askham
(5) 18/00011/TPO2 - Hambleton District Council (East Cowton) Tree Preservation Order 2018 No. ... view the full minutes text for item P.20