Venue: Yorkshire Suite, The Golden Lion Hotel, High Steet, Northallerton
Contact: Democratic Services Officer 01609 767015
To confirm the minutes of the meeting held on 7 March 2019 (P.27 - P.30), attached.
That the minutes of the meeting of the Committee held on 4 April 2019 (P31 - P.32), previously circulated, be signed as a correct record.
Report of the Deputy Chief Executive.
Please note that plans are available to view on the Council's website through the Public Access facility.
The Committee considered reports of the Deputy Chief Executive relating to applications for planning permission. During the meeting, Officers referred to additional information and representations which had been received.
Except where an alternative condition was contained in the report or an amendment made by the Committee, the condition as set out in the report and the appropriate time limit conditions were to be attached in accordance with the relevant provisions of Section 91 and 92 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
The abbreviated conditions and reasons shown in the report were to be set out in full on the notices of decision. It was noted that following consideration by the Committee, and without further reference to the Committee, the Deputy Chief Executive had delegated authority to add, delete or amend conditions and reasons for refusal.
In considering the report(s) of the Deputy Chief Executive regard had been paid to the policies of the relevant development plan, the National Planning Policy Framework and all other material planning considerations. Where the Committee deferred consideration or refused planning permission the reasons for that decision are as shown in the report or as set out below.
Where the Committee granted planning permission in accordance with the recommendation in a report this was because the proposal is in accordance with the development plan the National Planning Policy Framework or other material considerations as set out in the report unless otherwise specified below. Where the Committee granted planning permission contrary to the recommendation in the report the reasons for doing so and the conditions to be attached are set out below.
That the applications be determined in accordance with the recommendation in the report of the Deputy Chief Executive, unless shown otherwise:-
(1) 18/00592/FUL - Residential development comprising 14 dwellings at the Allotment Gardens, Masham Road, Bedale for Arncliffe Homes Ltd
PERMISSION REFUSED with an additional two reasons relating to the failure to provide an alternative location for the allotments and a failure to provide improvements to pedestrian and cycle access.
(The applicant’s agent, Alastair Flatman, spoke in support of the application).
(2) 18/02660/FUL - Construction of 12 dwellings at land to the south of Robin Lane, Huby for Broadacres Housing Association
(John Phillips spoke on behalf of Huby Parish Council objecting to the application.)
(3) 18/01603/REM - Application for approval of all reserved matters (access, appearance, landscaping, layout and scale) following outline approval 15/01543/OUT for construction of a dwellinghouse at land to the south west of Prospect House, Great Fencote for Mr Tim Brierley
DEFER to allow an opportunity to respond to the Yorkshire Water objection.
(4) 18/02278/FUL - Part demolition of existing workshop buildings, conversion of workshop building and construction of 2 No. buildings to create 6 No. dwellings at Ship Service Station, Low Worsall for Chris Richardson
(5) 19/00166/FUL - Alterations and extension to dwelling to form annexe accommodation at 11 Thornbrough Road, Romanby for Mr and Mrs N Hutton
PERMISSION GRANTED subject to an ... view the full minutes text for item P.34