Report of the Deputy Chief Executive.
Please note that plans are available to view on the Council's website through the Public Access facility.
The Committee considered reports of the Deputy Chief Executive relating to applications for planning permission. During the meeting, Officers referred to additional information and representations which had been received.
Except where an alternative condition was contained in the report or an amendment made by the Committee, the condition as set out in the report and the appropriate time limit conditions were to be attached in accordance with the relevant provisions of Section 91 and 92 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
The abbreviated conditions and reasons shown in the report were to be set out in full on the notices of decision. It was noted that following consideration by the Committee, and without further reference to the Committee, the Deputy Chief Executive had delegated authority to add, delete or amend conditions and reasons for refusal.
In considering the report(s) of the Deputy Chief Executive regard had been paid to the policies of the relevant development plan, the National Planning Policy Framework and all other material planning considerations. Where the Committee deferred consideration or refused planning permission the reasons for that decision are as shown in the report or as set out below.
Where the Committee granted planning permission in accordance with the recommendation in a report this was because the proposal is in accordance with the development plan the National Planning Policy Framework or other material considerations as set out in the report unless otherwise specified below. Where the Committee granted planning permission contrary to the recommendation in the report the reasons for doing so and the conditions to be attached are set out below.
That the applications be determined in accordance with the recommendation in the report of the Deputy Chief Executive, unless shown otherwise:-
(1) 18/01354/FUL - Construction of dwelling and detached garage at The Croft, Main Street, Alne for Mr and Mrs P Tomlinson
DEFER for further consideration of the issues relating to the assessment of the impact of the development on the heritage asset.
(The applicant, Phil Tomlinson, spoke in support of the application.)
(Dr Gudrun Gaudian spoke on behalf of Alne Parish Council objecting to the application.)
(Tim Axe spoke objecting to the application.)
(2) 18/01800/FUL - Retrospective change of use of agricultural land for the siting of a Shepherd's Hut to be used as an office at Brandsby Hall, Brandsby for Mr and Mrs Michael and Emily Gould
(3) 18/00007/TPO2 - Hambleton District Council (Carlton Miniott Parish Council) Tree Preservation Order 2018 No. 7 at Islebeck House, Carlton Road, Carlton Miniott for Mr Alistair Ratcliffe
THAT TPO 2018/07 NOT BE CONFIRMED because the Committee felt the trees were not suitable for preservation due to their condition and position.
(Mike Jarrold spoke objecting to the application.)
(4) 18/00964/OUT - Outline planning (all matters reserved) for the construction of one detached dwelling and formation of a new access at Field House, Carthorpe for Mr Askham
(5) 18/00011/TPO2 - Hambleton District Council (East Cowton) Tree Preservation Order 2018 No. 11 at North east of The Briars, Raby Lane, East Cowton for Mr M Scales
THAT TPO 2018/11 NOT BE CONFIRMED
(6) 18/01546/FUL - Construction of a detached house with integral double garage at land west of Exelby Grange, Exelby for Mr and Mrs Brown
(7) 18/01547/FUL - Construction of a detached house with integral double garage at land west of Exelby Grange, Exelby for Mr Clarkson
(8) 18/01939/OUT - Outline application with some matters reserved (to consider access and layout) for residential development of 4 detached dwellings at Scatterpenny, The Green, Raskelf for Mr and Mrs Rutherford
(9) 18/01008/MRC - Application for variation of conditions 7, 10, 11, 15, 16 and 18 and removal of condition 12 (location of events within the grounds of Rudby Hall to previously approved application 15/00961/MRC at Rudby Hall, Skutterskelfe, North Yorkshire, TS15 0JN for Mr Michael Hepburn
PERMISSION REFUSED because of the unacceptable impact on the residential amenity of neighbours.
The decision was contrary to the recommendation of the Deputy Chief Executive.
(The applicant’s agent, Dominic Crawley, spoke in support of the application).
(Alastair Powell spoke objecting to the application.)
(10) 18/02031/FUL - Construction of a new workshop building/extension of yard area at OS field 7782, Rear of Barns Park, Stockton Road, Thirsk for RWS Bodyworks Ltd
PERMISSION GRANTED subject to the amendment to the condition controlling the height of the hedge.
(The applicant’s agent, David Boulton, spoke in support of the application).
(11) 18/02177/FUL - Revised application for first floor extension and two storey/single storey rear extension to dwelling at 2 Croft Gardens, Sowerby for Mr and Mrs Rylance
(The applicant, Michael Stephenson, spoke in support of the application.)
(12) 18/00013/TPO2 - Hambleton District Council (Sowerby) Tree Preservation Order 2018 No: 13 at Melbourne Place – North of 28 Topcliffe Road and South of 3 Victoria Avenue, Sowerby for Mr MacDonald
THAT TPO 2018/13 BE CONFIRMED
(Greg MacDonald spoke objecting to the application.)