Report of the Deputy Chief Executive.
Please note that plans are available to view on the Council's website through the Public Access facility.
The Committee considered reports of the Deputy Chief Executive relating to applications for planning permission. During the meeting, Officers referred to additional information and representations which had been received.
Except where an alternative condition was contained in the report or an amendment made by the Committee, the condition as set out in the report and the appropriate time limit conditions were to be attached in accordance with the relevant provisions of Section 91 and 92 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
The abbreviated conditions and reasons shown in the report were to be set out in full on the notices of decision. It was noted that following consideration by the Committee, and without further reference to the Committee, the Deputy Chief Executive had delegated authority to add, delete or amend conditions and reasons for refusal.
In considering the report(s) of the Deputy Chief Executive regard had been paid to the policies of the relevant development plan, the National Planning Policy Framework and all other material planning considerations. Where the Committee deferred consideration or refused planning permission the reasons for that decision are as shown in the report or as set out below.
Where the Committee granted planning permission in accordance with the recommendation in a report this was because the proposal is in accordance with the development plan the National Planning Policy Framework or other material considerations as set out in the report unless otherwise specified below. Where the Committee granted planning permission contrary to the recommendation in the report the reasons for doing so and the conditions to be attached are set out below.
That the applications be determined in accordance with the recommendation in the report of the Deputy Chief Executive, unless shown otherwise:-
(1) 19/01919/FUL - Construction of a detached dwellinghouse with associated parking and detached double garage at Former Little Hornby Farm, Appleton Wiske for Mr J Adams
PERMISSION GRANTED subject to an additional condition regarding finished floor levels.
(2) 19/01254/FUL - Construction of a detached dwellinghouse and double garage at Land adjacent 53 Water End, Brompton for Mr and Mrs C Potter
PERMISSION REFUSED with additional reasons relating to the harmful impact of the siting and design.
(The applicant’s agent, Adrian Burn, spoke in support of the application.)
(Carol Hill spoke objecting to the application.)
(3) 19/01499/FUL - Construction of 21 affordable residential dwellings with associated landscaping and parking as amended by plans received by Hambleton District Council at Land off Danes Crest, Brompton for Mr L Smith
DEFER for further consideration of pedestrian access and impact of three storey dwellings.
(The applicant’s agent, Steve Bell, spoke in support of the application.)
(Kenneth Pierson spoke objecting to the application.)
(4) 19/01322/FUL - Construction of a dwellinghouse with parking, bin storage, garden and wildflower meadow as amended by plans received by Hambleton District Council on 3 and 4 October 2019 at Long Garth, Carthorpe for Long Garth Enterprises Ltd
(5) 18/02681/FUL - Construction of 9 bungalows, garages and associated infrastructure, access and parking at Lilac Cottage, Stillington Road, Easingwold for W&W Estates
DEFER for further discussions regarding the provision of affordable housing.
(The applicant, Dan Warrington, spoke in support of the application.)
(6) 18/02413/OUT - Outline application with some matters reserved (considering access) for the construction of a detached dwelling with detached garage and new vehicular access as amended by plan received by Hambleton District Council on 11 October 2019 at Land North of Ten Trees, Exelby for Mr P Simpson
PERMISSION GRANTED subject to additional conditions limiting the height of the proposed dwelling and requiring indigenous planting.
Note: The meeting adjourned at 3.40pm and reconvened at 3.45pm.
(7) 19/00009/TPO2 - Hambleton District Council (Great Ayton Parish) Tree Preservation Order 2019 No 9 at 100 Guisborough Road, Great Ayton
TREE PRESERVATION ORDER 2019 NO 9 CONFIRMED
(Gavin Coates spoke objecting to the confirmation.)
(8) 19/01545/FUL - Demolition of existing property and proposed residential development, comprising the construction of 4 No detached dwellings for Purpose Build Group Ltd at 153 High Street, Great Broughton, North Yorkshire TS9 7HB
(The applicant’s agent, Rod Hepplewhite, spoke in support of the application.)
(Michael O’Neill spoke on behalf of Little and Great Broughton Parish Council objecting to the application.)
(9) 19/01882/FUL - Installation and operation of a solar farm and associated infrastructure at South Lowfields Farm, Kirkby Fleetham for Lightsource SPV 155 Limited
PERMISSION GRANTED subject to additional conditions regarding highways matters and details of grid connections.
(The applicant’s representative, Richard Turner, spoke in support of the application.)
(Alison Booth spoke on behalf of Kirkby Fleetham with Fencote Parish Council in general support of the application.)
(Jean Morley spoke on the application in relation to traffic routeing issues.)
Disclosure of Interest
Councillor J Noone disclosed a non-pecuniary personal interest and left the meeting prior to discussion and voting on this item.
(10) 18/02019/FUL - Demolition of house and associated buildings; change of use of land and the construction of a Care Home (Use Class C2), together with change of use of land to include a service yard and refuse area, associated landscaping and car parking at Mill Riggs Farm, Stokesley for Mr D Sharpe
(The applicant’s representative, Ian Holmes, spoke in support of the application.)
(Mike Canavan spoke on behalf of Stokesley Town Council objecting to the application.)
(Ian Horn spoke objecting to the application.)
(11) 18/01717/FUL - Demolition of day nursery and the dwelling house and replace with five detached houses at Burniston & Stonehall, Stockton Road, Thirsk for JDZ Development Ltd
PERMISSION REFUSED with additional reasons concerning overdevelopment of the site and adverse impact on neighbour amenity.
(The applicant, John Swales, spoke in support of the application.)
(Derek Rosamond spoke objecting to the application.)