Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
The subject of the decision:
This report provided the Quarter 3 update at 31 December 2019 on the progress of the Capital Programme 2019/20 and the Treasury Management position. A full schedule of the Capital Programme 2019/20 schemes was attached at Annex A of the report, together with the relevant update on progress of each scheme.
Alternative options considered:
The reason for the decision:
Capital expenditure was intrinsically linked with Treasury Management as the way that the Capital Programme was funded directly affected the Treasury Management arrangements of the Council.
That Cabinet approves and recommends to Council:-
(1) the net decrease of £6,124,630 in the capital programme to £21,834,415 and all expenditure movements as detailed in Annex B and also in the capital programme attached at Annex A of the report;
(2) the increase of capital expenditure of £767,515 funded as follows: £114,015 is funded from capital receipts, £330,500 from borrowing, and £323,000 is from external grants/contributions;
(3) the funding allocation to the capital programme as detailed in paragraph 3.1 and 3.2 of the report;
(4) the treasury management and prudential indicators at Annex E of the report; and
(5) to note the position of the Council’s third party companies at Annex F of the report.
Reason Key: Expenditure > £50,000;
Wards Affected: All Wards;
Other reasons / organisations consulted
Contact: Louise Branford-White, Director of Finance (s151 Officer) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Report author: Louise Branford-White
Publication date: 12/02/2020
Date of decision: 11/02/2020
Decided at meeting: 11/02/2020 - Cabinet