Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The subject of the decision:
This report provided an update as to the present position with, and proposed steps for, the Northallerton Sports Village development. The report outlined the suggested phased approach for delivery of the village and proposed recommendations in order to achieve this.
Alternative options considered:
The reason for the decision:
The proposed sports village was an integral part of the broader North Northallerton development scheme enhancing the quality of lives of the residents of the locality, as well as within the wider Northallerton area.
That Cabinet approves:-
(1) the Northallerton Sports Village master plan at Appendix 1 of the report;
(2) the acceptance of the European Regional Development Fund Grant Funding Agreement for the Northallerton Environmental Enhancement Project (Phase 1) as detailed in paragraph 1.11 of the report;
(3) that tenders are sought for Phase 1 works and that the appointment of the successful contractor is delegated to the Director of Leisure and Communities in consultation with the Portfolio Holder for Leisure;
(4) the inclusion of the Northallerton Environmental Enhancement Project in the capital programme to fund expenditure for grants that have to be claimed retrospectively;
(5) that further reports are submitted for Cabinet consideration with regards to subsequent phases and project progress; and
(6) the waiving of Council procurement rules to allow the continued appointment of Glenrate Project Management Limited to provide technical and design advice and support.
Reason Key: Expenditure > £50,000;
Wards Affected: All Wards;
Other reasons / organisations consulted
Contact: Lisa Wilson, Communites Manager Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Report author: Lisa Wilson
Publication date: 05/11/2020
Date of decision: 03/11/2020
Decided at meeting: 03/11/2020 - Cabinet
Effective from: 17/11/2020