Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
The subject of the decision:
This report provided the Quarter 1 update at 30 June 2021 on the progress of the Capital Programme 2021/22 and the Treasury Management position. A full schedule of the Capital Programme 2021/22 schemes was attached at Annex A of the report, together with the relevant update on progress of each scheme.
Alternative options considered:
The reason for the decision:
To comply with the requirements of the Local Government Act 2003 and the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA) Prudential Code and the CIPFA Treasury Management Code of Practice.
That Cabinet approves and recommends to Council that:-
(1) the net increase of £1,338,680 in the capital programme to £34,497,148 and all expenditure movements as detailed in Annex A of the report;
(2) bringing forward £125,000 for Thirsk & Sowerby leisure centre programme detailed in paragraph 2.3 (ii) of the report;
(3) allocate £500,000 to the crematorium project as detailed in paragraph 2.3 (iii) of the report;
(4) increase the disabled facilities grant budget by £64,250 as detailed in paragraph 2.3 (iv); and
(5) approve the lighting schemes in paragraph 2.3 (v) of the report and the funding of £26,400.
Reason Key: Expenditure > £50,000;
Wards Affected: All Wards;
Other reasons / organisations consulted
Contact: Noel O'Neill, Interim Director of Finance (S151 Officer) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Report author: Louise Branford-White
Publication date: 08/09/2021
Date of decision: 07/09/2021
Decided at meeting: 07/09/2021 - Cabinet