Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
The subject of the decision:
This report provided the Quarter 2 update as at 30 September 2021 on the progress of the capital programme 2021/22 and the treasury management position. A full schedule of the capital programme 2021/22 schemes was attached at Annex A of the report, together with the relevant update on progress of each scheme.
Alternative options considered:
The reason for the decision:
To comply with the requirements of the Local Government Act 2003 and the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA) Prudential Code and the CIPFA Treasury Management Code of Practice.
That Cabinet approves and recommends to Council:-
(1) the net decrease of £7,684,708 in the capital programme to £26,812,440 and all expenditure movements as detailed in Annex A of the report;
(2) approve the four new schemes in paragraph 2.3 (ii) of the report and the funding of £100,000;
(4) allocate £220,000 to the Thirsk and Sowerby Leisure Centre project as detailed in paragraph 2.3 (iv) of the report;
(5) approve an additional spend of £150,000 on Treadmills as outlined in paragraph 2.3 (vi); and
(6) approve the additional spend £172,876 to the Thirsk and Sowerby Sports Village scheme in 2021/22 which is detailed in paragraph 2.7 of the report.
Reason Key: Expenditure > £50,000;
Wards Affected: All Wards;
Other reasons / organisations consulted
Contact: Noel O'Neill, Interim Director of Finance (S151 Officer) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Report author: Noel O'Neill
Publication date: 08/12/2021
Date of decision: 07/12/2021
Decided at meeting: 07/12/2021 - Cabinet