Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
The subject of the decision:
This report presented the ‘Report on the Examination of the Hambleton Local Plan’ from the Planning Inspectorate including recommended Main Modifications, and sought Cabinet and in turn Council’s resolution to adopt the Hambleton Local Plan, incorporating the recommended Main Modifications and Additional Modifications, and the accompanying Policies Map.
Alternative options considered:
The reason for the decision:
To comply with the statutory obligation under the provisions of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004. Legal requirements or plan making are set out in the Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012. The sections relating to the adoption of development plans are numbered 26 and 35.
That Cabinet approves and recommends to Council:
(1) the conclusions of the Inspectors that, with the recommended modifications, the Plan satisfies the requirements of Section 20 (5) of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act (as amended) and meets the criteria for soundness in the National Planning Policy Framework are noted;
(2) the conclusions of the Inspectors that the Duty to Co-operate (DtC) has been met are noted;
(3) the conclusions of the Inspectors that the Council has carried out an adequate Sustainability Appraisal (SA) of the Plan, and reasonable alternatives have been considered to a sufficient degree, are noted;
(4) the conclusions of the Inspectors that the Plan meets the relevant legal requirements, including in the 2004 Act (as amended) and the 2012 Regulations, are noted;
(5) the requirement of the Inspectors for the Council to carry out an urgent review of this Local Plan within 6 months of adoption, and for the updated Local Plan to be submitted within 14 months of adoption, particularly in terms of the accommodation needs of Gypsies and Travellers and Travelling Showpeople, is noted; and
(6) the Hambleton Local Plan, incorporating all modifications (Main and Additional) and the accompanying Policies Map, is adopted as the development plan for Hambleton District Council, outside of the North York Moors National Park.
Reason Key: Affects more than 2 wards;
Wards Affected: All Wards outside the North York Moors National Park;
Other reasons / organisations consulted
Contact: Tim Wood, Development Manager (South) Email: email@example.com.
Report author: James Campbell
Publication date: 09/02/2022
Date of decision: 08/02/2022
Decided at meeting: 08/02/2022 - Cabinet