Decision Maker: Chief Executive - Delegated Decisions under Emergency Powers
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The changes to the Housing Assistance Policy are to improve support for vulnerable households to enable healthy and long term occupation of their homes and maximise the effectiveness and access to grant funding; and also to reduce fuel poverty, winter deaths and improve energy efficiency.
To approve changes to the Housing Assistance Policy.
Changes are required to the Housing Assistance Policy in particular:
· Increase in the threshold for non-means tested Disabled Facilities Grants from £5,000 to £6,000.
· Applications for discretionary non-means tested Disabled Facilities are limited to one grant in any three year period.
· Clarification is given to applications for assistance made on behalf of a disabled person under the age of 18 years old being non-means tested.
· Prioritisation of interventions to facilitate hospital discharge based on advice from Occupational Therapists.
· Provision of discretionary assistance to fund the cost of aids and adaptations to help people with dementia continue to live in their own homes.
· Provision of further discretion for top up funding where the required works for a Disabled Facilities Grant are over £30,000.
· Provision (pending approval from Management Team) of a discretionary fund to be available to support energy efficiency measures.
· Energy Repayment loans have been removed.
Reason Key: Affects more than 2 wards;
Wards Affected: All Wards;
Dispensations in respect of Executive Members: None
Other reasons / organisations consulted
Contact: Vikki Flowers, Environmental Health Manager Email: email@example.com.
Publication date: 08/06/2020
Date of decision: 02/06/2020
Decided at meeting: 02/06/2020 - Chief Executive - Delegated Decisions under Emergency Powers
Effective from: 16/06/2020