Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
The subject of the decision:
This report provided the Quarter 2 update at 30 September 2020 on the progress of the capital programme 2020/21 and the treasury management position. A full schedule of the Capital Programme 2020/21schemes was attached at Annex A to the report, together with the relevant update on progress of each scheme.
Alternative options considered:
The reason for the decision:
To comply with the requirements of the Local Government Act 2003 and the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA) Prudential Code and the CIPFA Treasury Management Code of Practice.
That Cabinet approves and recommends to Council:-
(1) the net decrease of £31,688,990 in the capital programme to £20,544,776 and all expenditure movements as detailed in Annex B and also in the capital programme attached at Annex A of the report;
(2) the increase of capital expenditure of £5,515,953 funded as follows: £3,687,641 from borrowing, £1,454,670 is from external grants/contributions, £187,142 is funded from capital, £150,000 from the One Off fund, £25,000 from Revenue Contributions receipts and £11,500 from Computer Fund;
(3) the funding allocation to the capital programme as detailed in paragraph 3. 1 and 3.2 of the report;
(4) the reduction in the Affordable Borrowing Limit to £62,500,000 as detailed in paragraph 4.2 of the report;
(5) the treasury management and prudential indicators at Annex E of the report have been revised in light of the changes in the Treasury Management Strategy Statement in paragraph 4.2 of the report; and
(6) to note the position of the Council’s third party companies at Annex F of the report.
Note: Councillor B Griffiths (in attendance) left the meeting at approximately 10.15am following discussion of the above item.
Reason Key: Expenditure > £50,000;
Wards Affected: All Wards;
Other reasons / organisations consulted
Contact: Louise Branford-White, Director of Finance (s151 Officer) Email: email@example.com.
Report author: Louise Branford-White
Publication date: 02/12/2020
Date of decision: 01/12/2020
Decided at meeting: 01/12/2020 - Cabinet