The subject of the decision:
This report provided the Quarter 3 update at 31 December 2020 on the progress of the Capital Programme 2020/2021 and the Treasury Management position. A full schedule of the Capital Programme 2020/21 was attached at Annex A of the report, together with the relevant update on progress of each scheme.
Alternative options considered:
The reason for the decision:
Capital expenditure was intrinsically linked with Treasury Management as the way that the Capital Programme was funded directly affected the Treasury Management arrangements of the Council.
That Cabinet approves and recommends to Council:-
(1) the net decrease of £798,859 in the Capital Programme to £19,745,917 and all expenditure movements as detailed in Annex B and also in the Capital Programme attached at Annex A of the report;
(2) the increase of capital expenditure of £347,350 funded as follows: £323,778 is from external grants/contributions, £17,500 is funded from capital receipts and £6,072 from Economic Development Fund;
(3) the funding allocation to the Capital Programme as detailed in paragraph 3.1 and 3.2 of the report;
(4) the Treasury Management and Prudential Indicators at Annex E of the report; and
(5) to note the position of the Council’s third-party companies at Annex F of the report.