Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
The subject of the decision:
This report provided the Quarter 1 update at 30 June 2019 on the progress of the capital programme 2019/20 and the treasury management positon. A full schedule of the capital programme 2019/20 schemes was attached at Annex A of the report, together with the relevant update on progress of each scheme.
Alternative options considered:
The reason for the decision:
To comply with the requirements of the Local Government Act 2003 and the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA) Prudential Code and the CIPFA Treasury Management Code of Practice.
That Cabinet approves and recommends to Council:-
(1) the net decrease of £1,987,222 in the capital programme to £42,329,484 as detailed in Annex B and also in the capital programme attached at Annex A of the report;
(2) the increase of capital expenditure is funded from earmarked reserves at £3,910,983 where £145,645 is funded from capital receipts, £228,950 is from the Computer Fund and £3,536,388 is from external grants/contributions;
(3) the funding allocation to the capital programme as detailed in paragraph 3.1 and 3.2 of the report;
(4) the Set-Off Agreement with Lloyds Bank Plc and that the Section 151 Officer is designated as the Proper Officer of the Council to sign the contract once Cabinet approval has been received as in paragraph 4.6 of the report; and
(5) the treasury management and prudential indicators at Annex E of the report.
Reason Key: Expenditure > £50,000;
Wards Affected: All Wards;
Other reasons / organisations consulted
Contact: Louise Branford-White, Director of Finance (s151 Officer) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Report author: Louise Branford-White
Publication date: 04/09/2019
Date of decision: 03/09/2019
Decided at meeting: 03/09/2019 - Cabinet