Report of the Deputy Chief Executive.
Please note that plans are available to view on the Council's website through the Public Access facility.
The Committee considered reports of the Deputy Chief Executive relating to applications for planning permission. During the meeting, Officers referred to additional information and representations which had been received.
Except where an alternative condition was contained in the report or an amendment made by the Committee, the condition as set out in the report and the appropriate time limit conditions were to be attached in accordance with the relevant provisions of Section 91 and 92 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
The abbreviated conditions and reasons shown in the report were to be set out in full on the notices of decision. It was noted that following consideration by the Committee, and without further reference to the Committee, the Deputy Chief Executive had delegated authority to add, delete or amend conditions and reasons for refusal.
In considering the report(s) of the Deputy Chief Executive regard had been paid to the policies of the relevant development plan, the National Planning Policy Framework and all other material planning considerations. Where the Committee deferred consideration or refused planning permission the reasons for that decision are as shown in the report or as set out below.
Where the Committee granted planning permission in accordance with the recommendation in a report this was because the proposal is in accordance with the development plan the National Planning Policy Framework or other material considerations as set out in the report unless otherwise specified below. Where the Committee granted planning permission contrary to the recommendation in the report the reasons for doing so and the conditions to be attached are set out below.
That the applications be determined in accordance with the recommendation in the report of the Deputy Chief Executive, unless shown otherwise:-
(1) 19/00122/FUL - Demolition of existing outbuildings and construction of 2 dwellings with parking and ancillary works as amended by plans received by Hambleton District Council on 23 May 2019 at The Greyhound, Aiskew Bank, Aiskew for Mr David Fell
PERMISSION REFUSED because the proposal represented over development of the site, provided inadequate amenity space, poor parking provision and poor visibility splays giving rise to inadequate pedestrian safety.
The decision was contrary to the recommendation of the Deputy Chief Executive.
(The applicant, David Fell, spoke in support of the application.)
(2) 19/00986/FUL - Construction of a single storey rear extension at 21 South Side, Hutton Rudby, North Yorkshire, TS15 0DD for Mr and Mrs Geoff Suddes
(3) 19/01623/APN - Application for prior notification for the construction of an agricultural building for the winter housing of livestock at Dromonby Grange Farm, Kirkby in Cleveland, North Yorkshire, TS9 7AR for Mr D Hugill
THAT PRIOR APPROVAL WAS NOT REQUIRED
(4) 18/01113/FUL - Creation of 12 additional flats at first floor level, together with ground floor retail uses (Use Classes A1/A2/ A3/A5); first floor extension to Regency Mews, together with the installation of shop fronts at ground floor level; two-storey extension to Romanby Court, together with the creation of two new ground floor retail units following partial demolition and conversion of the existing building; and a glazed canopy over courtyard area at Romanby Court, High Street, Northallerton for Ark Grove Limited
PERMISSION GRANTED subject to an additional condition controlling food outlets.
(The applicant’s agent, Claire Louise Booth, spoke in support of the application.)
(5) 18/01114/LBC - Installation of windows at first floor level of the rear off shoot 139 High Street, the installation of windows and access doors at ground of the off shoot and the installation of new shop fronts, doors and bin store doors within the boundary wall associated with 139 High Street at Romanby Court, High Street, Northallerton for Ark Grove Limited
(6) 19/00254/FUL - Change of use of hotel car park for the construction of a drive through coffee shop with associated access, car parking, landscaping and bin store at Allerton Court Hotel, Darlington Road, Northallerton for Mr Dan Bowden (Shepherd Cox Drive Thru) (Northallerton) Ltd
PERMISSION GRANTED subject to amendments to condition 6 to include drainage hierarchy
(The applicant’s agent, Lorraine Robertson, spoke in support of the application.)
(7) 19/01324/OUT - Application for outline planning permission with access to be considered (all other matters reserved) for the creation of a detached dwelling at Orchard House, Stobarts Lane Low Worsall for Mr R Booth
PERMISSION GRANTED subject to suitable tree protection measures
(The applicant’s agent, Steve Hesmondhalgh, spoke in support of the application.)
Note: The meeting adjourned at 3.00pm and reconvened at 3.10pm.
(8) 18/00825/FUL - Retrospective storage of logs for wood chipping, operation of mobile wood chipper and weighbridge as per amended plans received by Hambleton District Council 7th June 2018 - additional plan showing acoustic bund received 12 August 2019 at Busby Stoop Farm & North Turkey Farm, Skipton Old Airfield, Sandhutton for Mr Richard Maxwell
PERMISSION GRANTED subject to an additional condition to ensure that wood chip is only produced for use within the on-site biomass units.
(9) 19/00952/FUL - Proposed development for the construction of 97 affordable dwellings including access, open space, landscaping, SuDS and associated infrastructure at Land of Topcliffe Road, Sowerby for Thirteen Group
PERMISSION GRANTED subject to an amendment to condition 13 to provide acoustic fencing along all affected boundaries.
(The applicant’s agent, Shaun Cuggy, spoke in support of the application.)
(10) 19/00359/OUT - Application for Outline Planning Permission with Some Matters Reserved (considering access only) for Residential Development as amended by plan received on 08 August 2019 at OS Field 7272 Land North Of Hebron Court for Taylor Wimpey UK Ltd
PERMISSION GRANTED subject to additional conditions restricting the development to no more than 101 units, and compliance with the Council’s size, type and tenure supplementary planning guidance; and amendment to Condition 3 as set out in the update papers, and Condition 13 to include soil storage.
(The applicant’s agent, Adam Jackson, spoke in support of the application.)
Note: Councillor Andy Robinson left the meeting and did not return.
(11) 19/01346/FUL - Construction of a roundhouse agricultural livestock building at Hall Farm, Warlaby for Councillor Brian Phillips
PERMISSION GRANTED subject to an additional condition regarding lighting.
Disclosure of Interest
Councillor B Phillips disclosed a pecuniary interest and left the meeting prior to discussion and voting on this item.
Note: Councillor Kevin Hardisty left the meeting and did not return.
(12) 19/00113/FUL - Construction of five dwellings and associated garages as amended by plans received by Hambleton District Council on 30 May 2019 at Danby Cottage, Nosterfield for Mr Philip Trewhitt
PERMISSION GRANTED subject to an informative regarding bats.
(The applicant’s agent, Craig Stockley, spoke in support of the application.)
(13) 18/0097/OUT - Outline Application (with all matters reserved) for the conversion of agricultural buildings to provide up to 3 residential dwellings at High Lions, Yearsley for Newburgh Priory Estate
(The applicant’s agent, Rob Moore, spoke in support of the application.)